Craig Gerard’s primary areas of practice are estate planning, probate and trust administration, estate litigation, and property tax appeals. Mr. Gerard's practice focuses on effectively and efficiently administering estates of all sizes throughout Michigan. He represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in all aspects of probate court litigation. In addition to estate related matters, Mr. Gerard represents owners of commercial real estate with property tax matters before the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
- Recovered in excess of $225,000 for an estate that was misappropriated by a former fiduciary.
- Represented family members in denying the admission of a relative’s will based on the claims of lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence.
- Recovered $200,000 from an estate on behalf of a client who was informed by previous counsel that there was no recovery to be had.
- Represented a fiduciary in recoupment of $30,000 from a financial institution for release of funds from a restricted account.
- Represented a large financial institution serving as a fiduciary with regard to the conveyance of numerous oil and gas interests owned by an estate.
- Negotiated a property tax refund in excess of $75,000 for an owner of commercial real estate.
- Obtained a property tax refund in excess of $35,000 for an owner of commercial real estate.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of well known outdoors television show.
- Represented more than 1,000 Michigan individuals and families with estate planning needs.
- Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation, Okemos (August 27, 2012)
- GreenStone Farms Credit Union Retirement Planning Workshop (May 30, 2012)
- Highest-rated presenter according to exit survey
- Estate Planning and Administration Made Simple, Okemos (May 8, 2012)
- Estate Administration and Probate Seminar, East Lansing (April 26, 2012)
- Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation, Lansing (June 19, 2008)